Thursday, August 4, 2011

Born and Raised Below the Mason-Dixon Line.

         I am kind of a difficult person. I am very Independent. I can't easily relate to others, but I can choose to get along well with those who talk. I don't like conversing about myself redundantly. I try to be considerate and nice to people, as I go out of my way to make time for them, but what I enjoy most is being alone. I honestly can say that I don't mind being alone. Alone to me is a condition of solitude, comfortable, peaceful, easy to please ones self instead of others, and SINGLE. I like the constant flare and excitement with different guys- but I try not to stick around too much. I might get attached you see. 
       There is nothing really particular about me [that once you find out -- all mysteries are solved], but I am genuinely different I suppose. I really can't be put into a genre because I am tangled up about what I likewise enjoy. I was born and raised below the Mason-Dixon line, in Texas. My favorite songs to dance to are by Keith Urban; Songs like- Somewhere With You, Sweet Thing, and Put You In A Song. When I'm listening to Country I feel at home already whether I am away or not. My favorite memories were driving to the ranch out in Ponder, Texas, with my windows rolled down jammin' to country. Flooring that pedal, and busting through the breezy warm air, and sun shining through my rearview window. Country is by far my favorite type of genre. But I also enjoy listening to Beach Boys, Steve Miller Band, Barenaked Ladies, Shawn Mullin (Lullaby), John Mayer, Jack Johnson, and other music like that. When I listen to those bands, I'm usually with my best friends or my Paps in a car- on a road trip. 
       On a side not, you'd think being raised in Texas, and living with my Mama who cooked every night, I'd be a great cook. I'm not a great cook. In fact, I rather marry a man who can cook better than me (Shouldn't be hard to find). I do enjoy baking sometimes- but I can ruin a good batch of cookies easily. I guess I should consider learning how to cook, someday. 
      I say I live in the Country because that's where my heart resides. Everything about wide-open fields, the smell of manure, the touch of rough horse skin, the dirt that fills the air when you're riding bare-back, and the gravel that pops like fireworks underneath the car tires when rolling into the ranch. I was teased earlier because I love mucking- and will do it 24/7 if I could. That smell don't bother me, in fact I love it. I've worked on farms and ranches from the very beginning- and hope to own a ranch when I'm older. It's a lot of work I know, but I'd like to hire help as well. I've got all this planned out, I just need a husband who would do anything for me. I'd like to raise my kids on ranch- boys raised on a ranch are hardworking. They get up at the crack of dawn to take care of the horses, ranch, and other responsibilities that follow keeping up with a ranch. I want my boys to be hardworking and challenged when they are young--It's easier to get used to when you start at an earlier age- disciplined. 
     I was originally born in the City. I was raised there until I was 6. I don't remember much at all, except for those times when my dad would come home from work and honk his horn outside, and I'd take off out of the front door in only a diaper. He'd swoop me up and give me airplane rides. Then I moved to a house down the street with my mama and sister. Soon enough transferring everything to a quiet town called Flower Mound. I became the quiet girl. I never felt like I fit in. I had golden long hair, blue eyes, and tons of freckles. It was challenging living there. Brought my hardest times, and probably not the best times either. I lived there for about 9 years, 9 years I won't get back. Since then I've been bouncing back from the City and Flower Mound- nothing close to Country. But now I reside in Idaho- maybe considered country. Sometimes I disappear for awhile then reappear. I find it adventurous. Though sometimes, I probably shouldn't reappear. Like this time of year. I was nervous and excited to come home to the city after living in Idaho for a couple months, and now I can't wait to take off. I thought people have moved on- in which some of them have- but I've changed the most I believe. And I like the change I've made. It can only get better from here.

1 comment: