Tuesday, January 10, 2012

God Know's We Are Worth It

I was listening to the song, "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz tonight. A friend posted the video on facebook, and I really like it a lot. I even thought about posting it myself. This may sound silly but the more I listened to it, it dawned on me that I am worth it. I am worth a guy who won't give up on me, even when I try to deny or fight with him because I am scared of something new. When I need my space and need some time to do some thinking, I am worth the wait. When I need to figure out who I want to be, he should be patiently waiting for me. The one who will run after me, the one who will write me on days end.

Seen as Strengths but really Weaknesses: I am usually very aggressive. I am a go get em' kind of girl. If I want something, I was taught to fight for it. I am not the damsel in distress. I am tough, I can handle a heartbreak. But I also settle too easily. And most times give up easily as well.

One thing I will tell my children every day is that they are worth the wait. They are worth the precious time. Yes, fight for what you want. But wait for the things in life that are WORTH waiting for. And hold onto the ones who won't give up on you. Who know without a doubt you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment